4th Floor, No.83, LinSen N. Road, ZhongShan Dist., Taipei 104, Taiwan. (Near Huashan Creative Park)

+886-2-2567-6086

+886-2-2567-6355

  • Check in

  • Check out

  • Rooms

Check availability

HOME>>Tours >>Top Attractions

Top Attractions

abcde

Royal Inn – Taipei Linsen locates at the ZhongShan District, the central of Taipei, Taiwan. As Sun Yat-Sen once stayed in the Japanese hotel called 梅屋敷Umeyashiki for resting, in order to commemorating him, this old building was renamed as Sun Yat-Sen Culture Heritage.
Neighboring to the Taipei Railway Main Station, ZhongShan District was developed much earlier than other districts and crossed through by ZhongShan North Road. Along ZhongShan North Road and the neighboring districts of DaTung and ZhongZheng districts, many Japanese and historical heritages have been remained. Many of them are now have been redeveloped as life style spots for the citizens to appreciate and live with.
By staying in Royal Inn, we suggest guests visiting these beautiful heritages to experience the new life with the culture in the old days, and feel the beauty of Taipei city.

SPOT Taipei Film House

" SPOT-Taipei Film House" is formerly the residency of the U.S. Ambassador. It locates at slightly northern area of the intersection of ZhongShan North Road Section 2 and NanJing West Road. This two-storey building was built from year 1925 to 1926 in western style. Its architecture was formed close to the Victoria style in the southern U.S.. The total floor area is approximately 1,240 square-meters. It was once the Consulate of the U.S. during Japanese colonial age. After the World War II, Taiwan, The Republic of China received from Japan and extended its function as the Consulate of the U.S. and later on as The Ambassador of the U.S. as well.


On January 1st of 1980, The U.S.A. broke off diplomatic relations with Taiwan. This building was abandoned since. It was certified as the Third-Grade Heritage in 1997. In year 2000, The Taipei City Government and projected the restoration sponsored by the TSMC Education & Culture Foundation to reform this building as The Home of Taipei.


The 《SPOT-Taipei》 Film House now is contracted to Taiwan Film & Culture Association and managed by the internationally acclaimed director Hou Hsiao-hsien and his staff, aimed to establish a film oriented complex, to serve as an interactive window of cross-culture exchange for the creative industry.

MOCA Taipei

The Building was built in year 1921. It was a Japanese elementary school called JianCheng Elementary School during Japanese colonial age. The width of this two-storey architecture is up to120 miters with the style of subtropical bricks and wooden structure. Combining the western pillars and black rooftop, this school building was built in U shape.


After year 1945, Taiwan returned to The Republic of China. This school building was reformed as the City Hall of Taipei until the city government moved to XinYi District in year 1994.


In the year of 1996, this building was pointed as a historical heritage. The front part of this building was renovated as the Museum Of Contemporary Art. The rest of the building was combined to JianCheng Junior High School. This combination of school and art museum functions was an extraordinary innovation and created an historic link to Confucius Temple and BaoAn Temple.


Been certified as a heritage by the city government and reformed as the Contemporary Art Museum opened on May 26th in 2001, this article building become a landmark on the civilization map of Taipei. The Taipei City Government has devoted to making the heritage building alive recently. It has brought these renewal ancient arts to citizens and created life art into the alleys.

The Island Cafe

This old wooden house locates at the ErTiaoTong, the second lane of ZhongShan North Road. About more than 80 years ago, this house belonged to the Japanese photographer Mr. Sasaki. After that, it shifted to many individuals and Mr. Zhong Yong-Nan and Mr. Lei Hui, the present owners, in year 2009. Mr. Zhong and Mr. Lei are architect and IT professional. They restored this old wooden house for their own office and a coffee shop at the ground floor.


Mr. Zhong was once a contracted architect to The Forestry Bureau for renovating chalets in the woods. He applied the manual technique to renovate those chalets including worker dormitories, lumbering houses, storerooms, and mechanic factories. Some of the chalets were transformed to coffee shops, exhibition halls and Japanese style dormitories as well.


As Mr. Zhong had received that experience of those projects while working with the Forestry Bureau, he extended his experience and techniques to restore this old house. After the restoration, this restored old house turned into a coffee shop, The Island Café, and an open space for art exhibitions regularly. At now days, this coffee shop has become one of the leisure spots for visitors.

Rose Historic Site-Tsai Jui-yueh Dance Research Institute

This Japanese building was built in 1920, and was a residence for the Japanese government officers. In 1953, it became the home of Ms. Tsai Jui-Yueh, a celebrated modern dancer. This place was identified as the foundation of Taiwanese modern dancing by several researchers and scholars. In order to keep this meaningful building, the interior was redesigned by several artists and renovated in the concept of Euromaxx Design. The door plate at the entrance was designed with ancient touch. In this build, it was built-in with metal lanterns, mosaic wall painting and some widows with unfinished image.


In this institute now, it is a wide opened space of dancing floor as a performance stage as well. The office next door is also opened often for cinema and art show. These activities create much atmosphere of art inspiration. The Waltz Coffee Shop is decorated with meal and other art pieces. In this coffee shop, a well creative Green Tea faucet is fixed on the wall. These creativities and deigns union the arties as well.

Zhongshan Presbytrian Church of Taiwan

The Zhongshan Presbytrian Church was the first one in that Taiwanese and Japanese Christians go to church together. This church was built in Gothic with its glorious architect. The three-storey bell tower and its silver-white wall attract people’s eyes in a far distance. The roof was built with a symbol of a cross. It can be seen obviously from the sky. This church was built in 1937, and is one of the heritage buildings. This church is also as the symbol the history of ZhongShan District.


During the Japanese colony period, the neighborhood area of this church was called Taisho-Cho《大正町》. When Taiwan returned to the Republic of China, the clergyman Mr. Kuo Ma-His and the teaching elder Mr. Ching-Chi devoted themselves and many others to negotiate with the government to release this church to the public. They finally succeeded after 20 years. This church has been standing there for 70 years, and remained with its solid and beauty.


In the old days, the space of this church was much more than the present. There was a wild open space of grass field. Due to the street development, the church released some space to the extension project of LinSen North Road. Then, the Forth Alley of ZhongShan District was extended as the existing ChangAn East Road.

Zhongshan Hall

The location of Zhongshan Hall was the formal building of Taiwan Government during the Japanese colonial period. It was one of the important buildings that Japanese government built in 1928 to celebrate the Emperor’s Anniversary. Japanese government partially tore down the formal buildings of the Police Bureau and the Embassy of Chin Dynasty to build the Taipei Meeting Hall. The parts torn down were moved and kept in Taipei Arboretum at the present.


The Taipei Meeting Hall was begun to be built on November 23rd in year 1932. It took 4 years to be completed, on November 26th in 1936. This four-storey meeting hall was built with rebar and concrete. It applied the most modern technique in those old days for a solid building. The space of Taipei Meeting Hall contents 1,237 pings, about 4,089 square meters. The building was build in free design but with hints of Spanish Muslim style. The capacity was at the fourth stage in that time, after Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya.


After The World War II, in year 1945, The Taipei Meeting Hall was renamed as Zhongshan Hall and took over by Taipei City Government. In this building, there are meeting rooms and banquet rooms with names as ZhongZheng Hall, GuanFu Hall and BaoLei Hall. After that, one of the functions of Zhongshan Hall was for National Assembly and other government’s official meetings.


In the past, Zhongshan Hall was the place to entertain the government’s visitors. Its precious history makes this building as a heritage. This building was renovated for its interior and created several rooms for a library and an art salon. It provides the functions for education, art and leisure related activities.

Bank of Taiwan

It has been locating on BoAi Road since 1897 by the approval of the Japanese Governor. It was one of the branches of a Japanese bank, 大阪中立銀行 Osaka Churitsu Bank, and was the first bank in Taiwan.


In 1903, the headquarters of the Bank of Taiwan was built on the west area of the present location. It was designed by 野村一郎Nomura Ichiro, a Japanese architect. The original design was in Renaissance style with red bricks and slanting roof. Because of been destroyed by termites, it was rebuild in 1938 at the present location and designed by 西村好時 Nishimura Yoshitoki, a Japanese architect as well.


During the World War II period, its roof was bombed off by the U.S. Air Force on May 31st in 1945.  After Taiwan returned to R.O.C., this building was completely fixed on May 20th in 1946 and became a central financial building until the year of 1961.


In 1998 on May 4th, Taipei City Government announced and certified it as a heritage building. Since then, it belongs to The Bank of Taiwan.  The major structure was built with granite stone and designed in classic western style such as pillars, stone railings in bottle shape and the parapets.  These are all standing luxury and elegant.

Datong Precinct of Taipei City Police Department

During the Japanese colonial period, there was a jail in this building. After the World War II, this jail was abandoned. After 1945, this police department was reorganized as Taipei Police Department. It had been the office assigned to other police departments. This police department building is the only one remained since 1930, and was certified as a heritage building of Taipei City on March 10th in 1998, and still operated assigned as the DaTung Precinct of Taipei City Police Department.


The main building was built in western with pillars and the wall was covered with the tiles made in BeiTou. The frames of the windows were constructed with smooth polished pebbles in cement. This architecture symbols the dignified image of the police department.  The plan for future, this building would be renovated as a museum.

LinTien Wooden Coopery

In the old days of Taiwan, before taking a bath in a big wooden buck, people had to boil hot water for themselves. This custom continued until the plastic tub was innovated. As wooden accessories are very solid and remain for quite a long time, people applied wooden accessories not only the wooden bathing tub, but also tables, chairs, cabinets and water bucks as well for daily living life.


This buck store locates at the intersection of ZhongShan North Road and ChangAn West Road. It is one of the rare stores of wooden bucks and related products.


LinTian Wooden Coopery was established in 1928 by Mr. Lin Xin-Ju. He handed over to his son Mr. Lin Xiang, the present owner. Mr. Lin Xiang once followed the Japanese master to improve his producing techniques since his childhood.


The material of LinTian Wooden Coopery is well selected Chinese Cypress. The quality of their well hand-made products earns customers great recognition. They all look fine, firm and solid for using long time. By its extraordinary recognition in Japan, this store earns his recognition as "The King of Taiwan Wooden Coopery” as well.

Judicature Building - Judiciary Yuan of Republic of China (Taiwan)

In Chin Dynasty, this building was the temple worshiping KuanKong, a celebrated general between year 220 and 280.  Apposite to this building, there was a Confucius temple as well.  These two temples were the spiritual centers for Taipei Citizen in those old days.


During the Japanese colonial period, the temple of KuanKong was torn down and the Hall of Justice was built at the same location.  It took 5 years to build this building, and completed in 1934 for the courts and offices.


After Taiwan returned back to R.O.C., the Judiciary Yuan and the Supreme Court moved into this building. This build then was renamed as Judicature Building. On July 30th in 1998, this building was certified as a national heritage as well.


While this building was built, it was the age of changing in the architect field.  It was designed with the influence of European Modernism at that time and built without those classic complex decorations.  Instead of those, it took simplicity with traditional elements of arc shape for door and windows.


In terms of architect, the Judicature Building combines Chinese structure. This oriental structure symbols the Japanese Militarism to extend its territory and the dignified image of The Judicature.

The Presidential Palace - Office of the President Republic of China (Taiwan)

Before becoming the Presidential Office Building of the Republic of China, the building was formerly the Office of the Governor-General during the Japanese colonial period.


This building was completely built in 1919. The office of the Governor-General was facing to the east and overseeing the whole Taipei City. The office was for 13 Governor-Generals since the 7th. After Taiwan’s retrocession to the Republic of China, Taiwan, the Presidential Office and Administration Yuan were united in this building.


Since 1950, this building officially appointed as the Presidential Office Building. Beginning from about the 1980s, people in Taiwan started to place greater emphasis upon cultural assets conservation, leading to the passage of a number of laws and regulations in this regard. The Ministry of the Interior in July 1998 made the Presidential Office Building and its neighboring open space a national historical site, with the designation covering the area bounded by GuiYang Street, BaoQing Road, BoAi Road, and ChongQing South Road.


The architecture style of the Presidential Palace is in the Post-Renaissance with classic complex and luxury structure. It is not only a cultural asset, but also has witnessed the history of Taiwan.

More Travel Information

Taipei Travel.Net